For several generations the members of Trinity United Methodist Church have been in ministry in the Tri-Village area. Trinity began as the West Fifth Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church in 1891. The location of the original church building can be found at the intersection of West Fifth Avenue and North Star Road.
In 1915, the congregation grew and relocated to Ashland Avenue. While at Ashland Avenue, the church adopted the name Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church only to be later changed, in 1920, to the Grandview Heights Methodist Episcopal Church. In July 1943, the name Trinity was revived again, and has remained until this day.
Growth in the Tri-Village area necessitated another move, this time to our present location, at 1581 Cambridge Boulevard. The Sanctuary and the Education corridor were completed in 1951.
Additions to the original structure include the Fellowship Hall in 1956 and the Chapel, administrative, educational and music areas in 1992.
Today, Trinity Church is a growing congregation of 1,954 members who come from all over Columbus. Moreover, through interactive online worship, Trinity’s congregation extends to people all over the world. Trinity offers a warm and generous welcome to those who seek God, spiritual shelter for those who need holy rejuvenation and a launching point for those who serve.