The First Sunday of Each Month – Celebration of Holy Communion at all worship services.
Ash Wednesday (March 1, 2017) – Beginning the season of Lent with a service of repentance for our sins. Lent is a time to cleanse and recommit ourselves to follow Jesus. The season lasts for forty days (not including Sundays) and ends at Easter.
- Noon, Traditional Worship – Chapel
- 7 pm, Traditional Worship – Sanctuary & Online
Maundy Thursday (April 13, 2017) – Remembering the night before Jesus’ death. Celebrating the Sacrament of Holy Communion. This service is held at 7 pm in the Sanctuary and is streamed Online.
Good Friday (April 14, 2017) – Commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Chris. This is a traditional service in collaboration with New Life UMC, held at 12 pm in the Sanctuary and Online.
At 7 pm we hold a Tenebrae service in the Sanctuary. Tenebrae is a time of shadows – recognizing the dark places in our lives as we remember the death of Jesus. We’ll hear the story of his death, be challenged to recognize the ways we are individually and collectively involved in the “shadows” in our lives and in the world around us, and will have time to ask for forgiveness at the foot of the cross.
Easter Sunday (April 16, 2017) – Celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- 7 am Sunrise Service with Trinity Youth Leadership in Fellowship Hall
- 9:00 & 11:00 am Traditional Worship in the Sanctuary
- 10:00 am Contemporary Worship in Fellowship Hall
- 9:00 am Traditional & 10:00 am Contemporary Online at www.trinityumchurch.tv
Confirmation Sunday (May 21, 2017) – Youth affirm their faith and become full members of the church. The youth will be recognized and/or confirmed at both the 9 am Traditional & 11 am Contemporary Worship Services.
Recognition of Graduating Seniors – Celebrating an important milestone in the lives of young people. This is held at 11 am, during Crossroads Contemporary Worship in Fellowship Hall.
Memorial Weekend (May 29, 2017) – Honoring members who have died in the past year.
Christmas Eve – Celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.
- 4:15 pm, Family Service – Sanctuary Children present a Christmas musical and drama
- 5:00 pm, Crossroads Contemporary Worship – Fellowship Hall
- 6:30 pm, Crossroads Contemporary Worship – Fellowship Hall
- 7:30 pm, Christmas by Candlelight Service – Sanctuary
- 10:15-10:45 pm, Celebration of Holy Communion – Sanctuary
- 11:00 pm, Christmas by Candlelight Service – Sanctuary
The Trinity Altar Guild is responsible for the creative altar decorations of Trinity’s Sanctuary. If you enjoy its beauty you might like to join us! Each week, our work teams select meaningful decorations and coordinate with our florist. One Saturday each month, a work team gathers to arrange the altar and flowers in the Meditation room. We also help with holiday displays. If you’re interested in learning more, please contact Judy Coles (email@example.com).